Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Final Day






202.0 lbs. 21.5 lbs (1.5 stone) lost in total.

I worked out like a maniac for the first 4 weeks, and then slowed a little during the last 3 weeks due to injuries (shin splints and now a pulled thigh muscle.) However, I continued to lose weight because I maintained a pretty good diet- no bread, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, crisps, sweets etc.- and the diet is really the key. I'm confident I can remain around this weight, although as my poker volume continues to increase (I'm planning on getting 1.5MM VPPs and SNE for the 4th year running) it will get a little harder.

As far as poker goes, I played just under 400,000 hands (343 hours) during this 7-week period, and made a little under $50k profit, despite a miserable downswing over the past two days. I also gave out abuse to about 200 players- many deserving, some not. Going forward, I think I'm going to try and curb my competitive nature as far as this side of my game goes. But maybe not.


Peace out, Mother Funksters.



2 comments:

  1. Jeez ROM, good job!

    I'm a little over half your age, have been working out and running almost every day, and still don't look like that yet!

    But I just quit smoking, so the running has been a building-up work in progress, and eating right ALL the time is definitely the hardest part

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me hope for getting older...same age as TJ, but I'm trying to gain weight. I need to work out and force myself to eat just to maintain. I have a hard time remembering to eat the few times I'm actually grinding hard-core.

    ReplyDelete